Sawasdee ka. My name is Fuangfa Wattanachalee or Mai. I graduated from The University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce and have a Bachelor degree of Communication Arts in Public Relations. Between 2000-2011 I worked in the hospitality industry in hotels such as the Blue Canyon Country Club, Maiton Island Resort, Dusit Laguna Resort and Spa, Marriott Vacation Club International. After this I joined Phuket International Academy School in the position of Resource Officer and Librarian between 2012-2015. It has been a great opportunity to join HeadStart International School in the position of Librarian. two years have passed since joining the team but I still have so much fun working in the school because of the lovely management team and students.
Welcome to the HeadStart Library!
Here is a basic overview of the Library procedures and rules so that the Library can be enjoyed by all.
The Library is open from 7:30 to 15:45. Parents are welcome at 7:30-8:00 and 15:00-15:45. Outside of these times the library is occupied with students.
Using the Library
• The Library is a pleasant area for quiet reading: talking in a quiet voice and moving with consideration for others is necessary to keep an appropriate atmosphere.
• No book or other library property may be taken from the building at any time without permission.
• Books not returned within one month will be assumed lost and charged at full replacement cost.
• Library materials on loan to one person may not be transferred to another. The person in whose name the loan is made is solely responsible for the safekeeping and due return of items loaned.
• Users are asked to replace chairs and books before leaving the Library.
• Food, drinks and water bottles are not allowed in the Library.
• Phones should not be used in the Library.
• Tablets/iPads/Laptops should only be used in the Library for educational purposes.
• Bags are to be left in the space provided outside the library.
Book Borrowing terms
The loan period for our youngest students is two weeks but we suggest that they bring back their borrowed library books every week. New loans will not be permitted until overdue books are returned and the fine is cleared.
|Year 1-6||Two books at a time, to be returned preferably during their weekly library lessons.||Renewals limited to two|
|Year 7-12||Three books at a time.||Renewals limited to two|
|Parents||Three books at a time.||Renewals limited to two|
“Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body”— Joseph Addison