We believe in a well-grounded ambitious education that seeks to imbue pupils with the 4 key aspects of our community: integrity, responsibility, curiosity and endeavour. We enable our pupils to look beyond what they feel is possible, both within and outside the classroom; we encourage an atmosphere of friendship, collegiality and mutual respect whilst also retaining the love of competitiveness which comes so naturally, and we require our pupils to engage with the wider world in preparation for their adult lives.
All of these aspects help every pupil to gain a genuine sense of self belief which will provide the strongest possible foundations for their future.
At HeadStart, we aim to educate children in a warm and caring environment where the highest possible standards are set. The school aims to encourage children to achieve their individual best by gaining appropriate skills and awareness in order to be prepared for the next stage of their education.
In our view children will succeed when they:
- Benefit from our collective responsibility to improve their life chances
- Enjoy learning while engrossed in the curriculum
- Have high expectations of themselves and their role in the community
- Have a sense of belonging to their community
- Participate in high quality learning experiences
- Learn skills and knowledge which interest them
- See themselves as lifelong learners
- Have aspirations for their future
- Feel cared for and understood
- Feel valued as individuals
- Feel safe and secure
- Attend regularly
The aims of education are to enable students to understand the world around them and the talents within them so that they can become fulfilled individuals and active, compassionate citizens: we encapsulate this through our motto – ‘Inspiring a love of learning’.
|Name||Position||Reason for Contact||Email Address|
|Tony Williams||Head of Foundation & Primary||Academic concerns/Curriculum||[email protected]|
|Glenn Lawler||Deputy Head of Primary||Pastoral concerns||[email protected]|
|Danielle Hughes||Deputy Head of Foundation||Issues having to do with Foundation children||[email protected]|