Work on university pathway counselling and goal setting begins in Year 9 when students select their IGCSE subjects. In addition to helping students choose IGCSEs that best meets their needs, counsellors provide information on standardised testing, extracurricular involvement and how students can maximise their chances of university admission.
After completing Year 13, most HeadStart students continue their studies at university, either in Thailand or abroad with the most popular destinations being the UK, Australia, the Netherlands and Thailand. In some cases, students will choose to take a gap year to complete military service or focus on other things before continuing to their education.
Where Did the Class of 2020 Go?
|Australia||Mechanical Engineering||Aviation Australia|
|Canada||Computer Science||Carleton University|
|Netherlands||Agriculture & Business Management||HAS University of Applied Science|
|Applied Sciences||Maastricht Univeristy|
|International Business||Amsterdam University of Applied science|
|International Business Management||Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences|
|Interdisciplinary Arts||ZUYD University of Applied Sciences|
|Malaysia||Chiropractice||International Medical University|
|United Kingdom||Medicine||Lancaster University|
|Law||Manchester Metropolitan University|
|Biology||University College London|
|Film & Screen Studies||University of Northampton|
|Spain||Global Hospitality Management||Les Roches|
|Thailand||Hotel Management||Silpakorn University|
Where Did the Class of 2021 Go?
|Netherland||Computer Science||University of Twente|
|Eindhoven University of Technology|
|Thailand||Medicine||Khon Khaen University|
|Communication Strategy & Ideation||Bangkok University|
|United Kingdom||Business & law||Oxford Brookes University|
|University of Northampton|
|St. Mary’s University, Twickenham London|
|Accounting & Finance||University of Brighton|
|University of Sussex|
|University of Portsmouth|
|Royal Holloway University of London|
|Biological Science||Oxford Brookes University|
|University of Edinburgh|
|Drama & Theatre Arts||Goldsmiths University of London|
|University of Sheffield|
|Fashion & Management||University of Northampton|
Where Did the Class of 2022 Go?
|Netherlands||Econometrics & Operations Research||Maastricht Univeristy|
|Tourism||Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences|
|Technical Computer Science||University of Twente|
|International & European Law||University of Gronigen|
|Chemistry||University of Gronigen|
|International Relations & History||Utrecht University|
|Mechanical Engineering||HAN University|
|Computer Science||Eindhoven University of Technology|
|Thailand||Medicine||Khon Khaen University|
|King Mongkut Faculty of Medicine|
|International Hospitality & Hotel Management||Bangkok University|
|Accounting & Business||Mahidol University|
|Intercultural Studies & Languages||Mahidol University|
|International Relations||University of Virginia](https://www.virginia.edu/)|
|Computer Science||Thomas Moore University|
|United Kingdom||Psychological & Behavioural Sciences||University of Cambridge|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||University of Manchester|
|Cyber Security with Forensics||Sheffield Hallam University|
|Natural Science||York University|
|Air Transport & Commercial Pilot Training||Buckinghamshire New University|
|France||Political Science||Sciences Po|
|Art||Atelier De Sèvres|
|Pastry Chef||Le Cordon Bleu Paris|
|Czech Republic||Psychology||University of New York Prague|
|B.A. In Business Studies: Economic and Finance||Anglo-American University in Prague|
|Outstanding Offers & Placements|
Nutcha Phaisamran Studying at Cambridge University
Based on statistics provided for 2021, 797 students applied to study Psychology and Behavioural Sciences at Cambridge University (all Colleges) and only 99 (12.42%) were offered places. Whilst application numbers have risen over the last 5 years, the numbers of students being offered places has remained static. The numbers speak for themselves. This is a huge achievement and Nutcha, enroled at HeadStart since Preschool, worked hard on her application in order to secure this fabulous offer. It goes without saying, the entry requirement is high too: A*AA. This success is testament to Nutcha’s brilliance and the team of teachers who have supported her on her learning journey at HeadStart.
Congratulations to all our students on their offers last year. There are over 25,000 universities in the world. Only around 1,5000 make it into the QS ranking. All of our students have made it into universities which feature in the QS rankings. In addition, we are proud to say many of our students made it into the top tiers.
- Teetabhumi Tripatarasit went to Manchester to study Electrical Engineering. Manchester is ranked 27th in the world.
- Anna Sirina Meakin went to read International Relations at the University of Amsterdam. UVA is ranked at 58th place in the world.
- Ayrton Vu- Guerin Computer Science at Eindhoven. Eindhoven is ranked as 125th in the world.
- Nicolas Roersche & Natnicha Kalajuk who have gone to Groningen. Groningen is ranked 128th in the world.
- Gemma Brain went to study Natural Science at York University. York is ranked as 151 in the world.
- Reece Edouard has gone to Reading to study Finance. Reading University is ranked 166 in QS ranking.
- Robert Malakhovskiy-Lyulko, went to TWENTE to study Technical Computer Science. Twente is ranked at 189th in the world.
- Jennifer Weibel and Jinnaphop Prattranasanti have both gone to Chulalongkorn University which is ranked 215th in the world.
- Calvin Van Der Laan has gone to study at Maastricht University which is ranked at 234th in the world.
- Artem Kiselev, Nattanan Poonpises, Pannapat Praiphisut all went to study at Mahidol University which is ranked at 255th in the world.
- Sara De la Rosa went to Science Po to study Political Science which is ranked at 261st in the world, no. 2 after Harvard for Political Science.
- Thanatphon Frederiksen went to Royal Holloway University of London to study Law. Royal Holloway is ranked 334th in the world.