Centrally located for easy access from anywhere on the island our purpose-built, state of the art campus is situated on 15 Rai, or 24,000 sqm, of beautiful Kathu landscape. All of the HeadStart facilities have been designed and built to offer the best academic, artistic and physical education experience on the island. Our facilities include:
Foundation (for pupils ages 2-6 years old)
- 5 Classrooms each with en suite toilets and showers. Classrooms are linked for child-initiated, free-flow activities.
- Outdoor Learning areas accessible from each classroom.
- Separate, Foundation sized outdoor playground with a mini bicycle track, play frame and messy play area.
- Indoor Play Centre containing a jungle gym, mini library, mini storytime and puppet theatre, building and construction centre, role-play corner as well as a sensory learning area.
- Separate, size-appropriate lunch room.
Primary and Secondary (for pupils ages 7-18 years old)
- 62 modern and fully equipped classrooms in total which include 4 Science labs, one for each of the sciences; Chemistry, Physics and Biology, and a dedicated Sixth Form lab.
- Year 12 and 13 Study Room and separate Lounge facilities
- 14 dedicated Language classrooms
- 3 large Art Studios
- 3 Music classrooms with 3 additional Practice Rooms
- 4 large ICT suites (3 in Secondary and 1 in Primary) plus 2 additional ICT suites to support the EAL programme.
- State of the art Design and Technology suite equipped with laser cutters, 3D printers and extensive resistant materials equipment.
- Primary Playground
- 2 floodlit, all-weather Football Pitches (one is covered)
- 200 Metre Running Track
- 100 Meter Sprint Track
- 25 Metre Swimming Pool
- Covered Children’s Pool
- Outdoor Tennis Court
- Multipurpose Sports Hall which includes Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton Courts and Gymnastics facilities
- Locker Rooms and Showers
- Fully fitted Fitness Gym
- Multi-purpose Fitness Studio
- 2 large Libraries, one each for Primary and Secondary, boasting over 12,000 books
- Dance and Drama facilities including a dedicated Drama Studio and 3 additional hall venues
- 3 Learning Support and Counselling rooms
- 500-seat Auditorium
- 300 seat Dining Hall
- School Café and School Shop
‘The school has moved to a splendid, purpose-built school building. Teachers were consulted in the design phase of the school and their ideas have influenced the creative use of space and the range of facilities available. The outstanding accommodation supports the delivery of the curriculum exceptionally well, especially the specialist facilities that ensure students’ artistic, physical, practical and performance talents are maximised.’ Education Development Trust (EDT) Accreditation Report, June 2017